The Bridge Teen
• Chingo with Standard Bank — 4:30-6 p.m. today (Thursday), The Bridge Teen Center, 15555 S. 71st Court, Orland Park, will hold a game of Chingo with Standard Bank. Chingo is like human checkers that includes trivia. The winners of this game will receive prizes.
• “8:33” with Chipotle — 7:30-10:30 p.m. Aug. 22, Friday Night Live event with live music from acoustic/rock band “8:33” with free samples from Chipotle.
• Comic Con Night — 7:30-10:30 p.m. Aug. 23, special event for fans of sci-fi, comic books, video games, TV series, etc. at their Comic Con Night. Students will be able to participate in games and contests and receive free ice cream samples from Oberweis.
• Project Give: Baby Blankets — 4:30-6 p.m. Aug. 26, program for students to make baby blankets for families in need.
• Lead U: Message Sent — 4:30-6 p.m. Aug. 27, leadership program designed to develop students into leaders.
• Around the World: Thailand — 4:30-6 p.m. Aug. 28, will teach students about Thai culture by tasting authentic Thai food, hearing the language, making crafts and more.
These free events are for teens in 7th through 12th grade. For more information, call 532-0500.
The Center, 12700 Southwest Highway, Palos Park, will host its monthly Womantalk coffee hour and discussion on Tuesday, Aug. 26, from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
Ladies are invited to join the discussion of “Simple Abundance” and other readings by Sarah Ban Breathnach. There is no cost, but advance reservations are required. Ladies are invited to bring a picnic lunch if they would like to stay after the discussion. Call The Center at 361-3650.
The Log Cabin Center for the Arts, 12700 Southwest Highway in Palos Park, will offer a papercraft workshop on Tuesday, Aug. 26, from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
Ann Fowler will teach students to make greeting cards with a theme of Animal Capers, featuring critters that make you smile. The workshop cost of $18 plus a $6 materials fee. Advance registration is required. For further information, call The Center at 361-3650.