and jewelry show
Moksha Imports’ Holiday Rock, Gem and Jewelry show will be held this Saturday and Sunday, April 12 and 13, from noon to 4 p.m., at Tranzformation, 5528 W. Cal-Sag Road in Alsip.
Ed and Sue from Moksha Imports (the original owners of Sanctuary Crystals) will be offering one of the finest selections of rocks, mineral specimens, crystals and jewelry in the Chicago area. (897-0778; tranzformation.biz)
The Bridge Teen
• Story Telling Through Painting 4:30 to 6 p.m. today (Thursday). The Bridge Teen Center, 15555 S. 71st Court, Orland Park, challenges you to come up with a story that you want to try and depict through a single painting, then spend the rest of the program relaxing and painting a canvas that tells your story. This is a great chance to spend a quiet afternoon working on a piece of art. Students will be using acrylic paint for this exercise.
• Trivia and Game Night 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. April 11. Mimi’s Cafe will bring the food while The Bridge will provide the fun and games. Bring a friend.
• Mandi Burnison 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. April 12, a high school night with live music from Mandi Burnison and BBQ from Famous Dave’s. This event is exclusively for students in 9th-12th grade and is free with a student membership application or $5 with a school ID. For more information call 532-0500 or visit www.thebridgeteencenter.org
• Easter Flowers 4 to 5:30 p.m. April 15, create your own flower arrangement to take home using normal flowers and making them look like bunnies.
• Eggs Benedict with 94 West 4:30 to 6 p.m. April 16, National Eggs Benedict Day. Learn how to prepare this popular breakfast dish with Chef Tom from 94 West.
• Obstacle Course Challenge 5 to 6 p.m. April 16, 23 and 30, The Bridge Teen Center wants to help make fitness fun by competing against other students in this obstacle course style workout. Open to all fitness levels. This free event is for teens in 7th through 12th grade. For more information call 532-0500 or visit www.thebridgeteencenter.org.
• DIY Prom Hairstyle 4:30 to 5:45 p.m. April 17, save money by learning how to give yourself a beautiful prom hairstyle using things you probably already have lying around your room. This free event is for teens in 9th through 12th grade. For more information call 532-0500 or visit www.thebridgeteencenter.org.
• Parent Program: Teens, Sex & Their Culture 7 to 8 p.m. April 17, will help you tackle the tough issues. Talk with a family counselor about healthy ways to talk to your teen about sex, the things our teens are exposed to at school and in the media, and how these things affect our teens today and in the future.
Music at Hackney’s
Palos Park resident Dave Branigan is taking his solo guitar and vocal act to Hackney’s restaurant in Palos Park on Friday, April 18, at 8 p.m., with his music of the ‘50s, ‘60s, and more act.
The audience will get a chance and see how this Palos Park resident is making the best of his retirement aside from acting and producing movies and participating in community theater.
Branigan is one of the producers from Sole Productions. Its film, “You Don’t Say!”,will be playing at the Illinois International Film Festival in DeKalb this Sunday, at 6:30 p.m.
Branigan is a founding member of the ‘50s tribute band Ricky & The Redstreaks,
the ‘60s cover band The Chandlers, the ‘70s rock band EQUUS and a member of the salt and pepper soul band The Savoys.
for Garage Sale
Spring cleaning? McCord Gallery & Cultural Center’s annual garage sale will be held May 30 -31 and they are ready to accept those treasures that no longer have a place in your home, basement or garage. Please consider donating small-scale household furnishings, antiques, accessories, jewelry, children’s clothing and toys, games, puzzles, bikes, sporting goods and garden items.
Drop off hours are Monday and Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Saturday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Donations will be accepted now through Wednesday, May 28 and are tax-deductible. All proceeds benefit McCord.
McCord Gallery & Cultural Center is located at 9602 W. Creek Road (129th and La Grange Road) Palos Park. For more information call 708-671-0648 or visit www.mccordgallery.org