The Bridge Teen Center events
• Yoga – offered 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. today (Thursday), March 6, April 3 and May 1, The Bridge Teen Center, 15555 S. 71st Court, Orland Park. Attend just one time, or once every month.
• Soul Café: Feeling Down - 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. today (Thursday). Talk in a comfortable setting about how to best handle the highs and lows of life.
• Christal Luster - 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. this Friday, Feb. 7, music by singer/song-writer Christal Luster, with food samples from noodle places in the area.
• Karaoke - 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Feb. 8, Karaoke night with free food from Jimmy John's. This event is exclusively for students in 9th-12th grade and is free with a student membership application or $5 with a school ID. For more information, call 532-0500 or visit www.thebridgeteencenter.org.
• Kickboxing - 4:45 to 6:15 p.m. Feb. 11, 18 and 25. Gather at UFC gym to learn everything you need to know about kickboxing while getting in shape.
• Celebrity Drawings - 4:30 to 6 p.m. Feb. 13, The Bridge Teen Center wants you to come show off your artistic and creative side while learning how to draw a celebrity.
• How to Change a Flat with Bettenhausen Auto - 4:30-5:30 p.m. Feb. 13, The Bridge Teen Center knows that it’s important to know what to do if you get a flat tire. This program will help to get you prepared! This free event is for teens in 7th through 12th grade.
For more information on any program, call 532-0500 or visit www.thebridgeteencenter.org.
Cine Verse, the Oak Lawn Park District’s free weekly film discussion group, is open to anyone age 17 and older. The group will explore “Dark Passage” from 1947, starring Humphrey Bogart, from 7 to 10 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12 at Oak View Community Center, 4625 W. 110th St. Participants should check building signage for the room number. For more info, call 529-9028, or visit cineversegroup.blogspot.com.
Nature photography forum
Camera and nature enthusiasts are invited to a Nature Photography Forum on Sunday afternoon, Feb. 16, from 2 to 3:30 p.m., at The Center, 12700 Southwest Highway, Palos Park.
Films of outstanding nature photographers are shown. Nature photography instructor Rick Steffen of Orland Park facilitates the program.
The public is invited and there is no fee for the program, but reservations are requested. For more information, call The Center at 361-3650.
Pottery classes for families and adults
A pottery class for families and adults will be hosted at the Log Cabin Center for the Arts on Wednesdays, Feb. 12 and 19, from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. The Log Cabin Art Center is located at 12700 Southwest Highway in Palos Park.
Instructor Heather Young invites families with children of any age, or adults without children, to make clay ceramic masks depicting human, animal, or monster faces, and to come back to glaze their creations the following week. The class fee is $16 per person and includes all supplies and two kiln firings.
Registration is required. Call The Center at 361-3650.