‘Joan Walsh Anglund’
The Center, 12700 Southwest Highway, Palos Park, will host a Joan Walsh Anglund-style Christmas Luncheon on Tuesday, Dec. 10, from noon to 2:30 p.m.
Each December, The Center celebrates an artist whose Christmas artwork they love. This year they are sharing their love and enjoyment of beloved folk artist Joan Walsh Anglund. Do you remember those tiny books, in the 1960s and ’70s, of wisdom and drawings of wide-eyed children? Accompanied by photos of her artwork and stories of her life, Lois Lauer will lead the celebration of the life and work of Joan Walsh Anglund and also include some favorite Christmas carols and readings from her books. With the help of Center art teacher April Schabes, the event will end with some Joan Walsh Anglund-inspired Christmas crafts.
The luncheon costs $17 per person, and requires reservations. Call The Center at 361-3650.
The Bridge Teen
Center upcoming events
• Holiday Tunes with Ashleigh Ashton — 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Dec. 6, The Bridge Teen Center, 15555 S. 71st Court, Orland Park, will serve hot chocolate and live holiday music from Ashleigh Ashton.
• Aaron Williams and Wooden Paddle — 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Dec. 7, listen to live music from Aaron Williams and get free pizza from Wooden Paddle Pizza. This event is exclusively for students in 9th-12th grade and is free with a student membership application or $5 with a school ID. For more information call 532-0500 or visit thebridgeteencenter.org.
• Christmas Cookies — 4 to 5:30 p.m. Dec. 10, decorate or bake a tray of Christmas cookies.
• Help, I’m Lost! — 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Dec. 11, learn all about driving permits with activities to get ready for the road.
• Recording and Mixing — 4:30 to 6 p.m. Dec. 11, a new multimedia studio that allows students to record and create demos of their very own music. Learn how the equipment and software is used before reserving your own studio time.
• Cross Stitch Frame — 5 to 6 p.m. Dec. 12, pick a word that inspires you and cross stitch it onto a screen inside a picture frame.
• Dream Drop Distance — 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Dec. 13, live music from Dream Drop Distance and free food from Famous Dave’s. This free event is for teens in 7th through 12th grade. For more information, call 532-0500 or visit thebridgeteencenter.org.
Group labyrinth walks will be held on Thursday evening, Dec. 5, at 5:30 p.m. and Saturday morning, Dec. 7, at 8 a.m., at The Center, 12700 Southwest Highway, Palos Park.
The labyrinth, a new large circular stone path for spiritual meditation is located at the north end of The Center parking lot. In addition to the group walks focused on peace and fellowship, the labyrinth is available for individual walks at any time during the month.
There is no cost to those wishing to walk the labyrinth and no reservations are necessary. The walks will take place rain or shine. For information, call Pastor Chris Hopkins at 361-3650.
Reservations are currently being taken for a Dickens Christmas Dinner to be held at The Center, 12700 Southwest Highway, Palos Park, on Sunday, Dec. 8, beginning at 5:15 p.m.
The evening features a reading of Charles Dickens’ “Christmas Carol” and a roast goose, turkey, and plum pudding dinner, reminiscent of the Bob Cratchit family’s dinner in Dickens’ story.
The Bob Cratchit Dinner costs $32 and requires reservations. For reservations and more information, call The Center at 361-3650.