Teen Center events
• Friday Night Live — 7:30-10:30 p.m. Aug. 16, The Bridge Teen Center, 15555 S. 71st Court, Orland Park, will host Friday Night Live with Ashleigh Ashton with trivia along with samples from Corner Bakery.
• Saturday Night — 7:30-10:30 p.m. Aug. 17, music with a DJ plus Oberweis samples. This event is exclusively for students in 10th-12th grade and is free with a student membership application or $5 with a school ID.
• Golf Outing — 3:45-6:00 p.m. Aug. 13, 20, 27, The Bridge will take students to a golf course where golf pro Travis Siebert will teach the basics of the game. This free program is for teens in 7th through 12th grade.
• Behind the Scenes: Photo Development — 4:15-5:45 p.m. Aug. 21, The Bridge will take students to visit a local Walgreens to learn how photos are printed. Each student will get to develop their own photo.
• Teen Cooking Class — 4:30-6:00 p.m. Aug. 22, participants will learn how to make pies and pastries with Candace from Sweet Dreams Cakes. This free program is for teens in 7th through 12th grade.
To sign up, call 532-0500, or visit thebridgeteencenter.org.
The village of Orland Park Comedy Improv Team performs on select Friday evenings at Orland Park’s Old Village Hall, 14415 S. Beacon Ave.
Auditions for the new season’s team will be held Tuesday, Aug. 20 and Wednesday, Aug. 21, from 7 to 10 p.m. at the Old Village Hall. Parking is available in the rear of the building. Men and women age 18 and older are invited to audition for the team that is directed by Jimmy Mazeika.
Rehearsals are held on week nights with monthly Friday night performances September through August. Once named to the team, participants must pay a $35 registration fee. For more information, call the Orland Park Recreation Department at 403-PARK.
Introduction to Reiki
An introductory Reiki experience will be offered on Sunday, Aug. 25, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., at The Center, 12700 Southwest Highway, Palos Park.
Reiki is a gentle form of energy healing, reported to be especially beneficial for those suffering from physical or emotional pain. Reiki practitioners led by Sharon Butler will offer their healing services to participants, asking a donation of $10 per participant. Registration is necessary, as the monthly Reiki program is limited to 10 participants each month.
Call The Center. (361-3650)