at Isle a la Cache
Children’s programs are held every Wednesday afternoon through Aug. 28 at Isle a la Cache Museum in Romeoville.
The next of these “Discovery Isle” programs will be Wednesday, July 3, at 1 p.m. The program is free of charge and open to all ages.
“Discovery Isle” will feature a different activity or demonstration every Wednesday during the summer focusing on plants, animals or history. One week we might be looking for critters on a trail and the next week meet with a re-enactor portraying a voyageur from the 18th century to learn fun games and hear interesting stories.
Depending on topic and weather, programs may be held indoors or outdoors.
Drop in anytime between 1 and 3 p.m. and join in the fun.
Indoor facilities are accessible. Outdoor activities will take place on level paths or natural surfaces across uneven terrain.
Isle a la Cache Museum is at 501 E. 135th St. (Romeo Road), ½-mile east of Route 53 in Romeoville. (815) 886-1467.
The Bridge Teen Center
• Friday Night Live — 7:30-10:30 p.m. June 28, The Bridge Teen Center, 15555 S. 71st Court, Orland Park, will host Friday Night Live with music from America’s Got Talent finalist, Reverse Order plus Oberweis samples. This free event is for teens in 7th through 12th grade.
• Saturday Night — 7:30-10:30 p.m. June 29, music from Mark Rose plus White Castle samples. This event is exclusively for students in 10th-12th grade and is free with a student membership application or $5 with a school ID.
• Decoupage Vases — 2-3:30 p.m. July 2, a craft program where participants will use recycled Izze bottles to create cute “decoupage” vases. This free program is for teens in 7th through 12th grade.
• Model Cars — 4:30-6 p.m. July 2, a craft program where participants will put together and detail a miniature model car. This free program is for teens in 7th through 12th grade.
• Movie Day — 3-5 p.m. July 3, enjoy the class movie, “The Sandlot” on the teen center’s big screen. This free program is for teens in 7th through 12th grade.
To sign up for any program, call 532-0500 or visit thebridge
The Bridge will be closed July 4 through 6, and will reopen July 9.