Isle a la Cache Halloween campfire
Fun Frights by Firelight, a free, all-age family program, is this Friday, Oct. 5, at 7 p.m., at Isle a la Cache Museum in Romeoville. Registration is required.
Stories, games and treats — all are planned for this program. Join us around a warm campfire and share what is special about the season, whether it’s scary fun or tasty goodness. Wear your favorite holiday costume and mask and appropriate clothing for the weather.
Weather permitting, there will be a short walk along a paved surface to the outdoor amphitheater where the program will be held. If the weather does not cooperate, the program will be held indoors.
Isle a la Cache Museum is located at 501 East 135th Street (Romeo Road), ½-mile east of Route 53 in Romeoville. For registration information, call (815) 886-1467.
Bridge Teen Center Events
• A teen culinary demo with 94 West will be held from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Oct. 10 at The Bridge Teen Center, 15555 S. 71st Court in Orland Park. Participants will learn how to cook a seafood meal from scratch. Free for teens in 7th through 12th grade.
• Golf lessons for teens in 7th through 12th grade will be given at 4:15 p.m. Oct. 11. Free.
• ACT workshop will be held at 5 p.m., Oct. 11. A clinical social worker, former college instructor, and anxiety coach will share tips to calm nerves before test day. This event is free for high school students.
• Blended and divorced family program will be held at 7 p.m., Oct. 11. Counselor Michelle Krepps will discuss ways to cultivate healthy family relationships within blended and divorced families. The evening will include a Q&A and pie served by Bakers Square. Free for parents with teens.
• A game night for teens will be held from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m., Oct. 12, It is sponsored by Best Buy and Moraine Valley Community College for teens in 7th through 12th grade. The event also will include free Cinnabon samples.
For more information, call 532- 0500, or visit thebridgeteencenter.org.
Encore band fall concert
The Encore Concert Band will begin its 14th season with a Fall Concert on Sunday, Oct. 21, at 3 p.m., at Mokena Junior High School, 19815 Kirkstone Way in Mokena. This free concert will feature a wide variety of selections, ranging from classical to marches. For further information about the Fall Concert or the Encore Concert Band and the complete concert schedule, visit encoreband.org.
For information on scheduling a concert in your area or joining the band, call Rachel Ozark at 437-7051, email info@encore band.org, or visit the website at encoreband.org.
Mother-daughter bonfire, pumpkin art
A mother-daughter bonfire and pumpkin art workshop will be hosted at The Center, on Saturday, Oct. 13, from 6 to 8:30 p.m., at 12700 Southwest Highway, Palos Park.
Led by Shari Wenzel, the moms and daughters will enjoy carving pumpkins, eating s’mores, singing campfire songs, and telling Halloween tales around the fire.
Registration is required. The fee is $10 per person. Call 361- 3650.
FDR at SXU
‘Grease’ at OL High
“Grease” will be performed at 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, Oct. 25 to 27 at Oak Lawn Community High School, 9400 Southwest Highway. Cast members include Laura Akouris, Erin Beland, Ciara Berry, Julia Bugaj, Veronica Bugaj, Cristian Calderon, Kaeley Clark, Veronica Clark, Kathleen Cortes, Jonathan Cortez, Izabela Czerny, Alexandra Dawe, Cameron. DeLaMora, Joseph DeLaMora, Charles Doria, Claire Ewers, Riley Faille, Madison Geraghty, Emily Harris, William Harris, Cortney Huddleston, Patrick Hughes, Jenna Hurckes, Isabella Ibarra, Xavier Jacquez- Flores, Bailey Kean, Margaret Koll, Elizabeth Krizka, Samuel Kuzel, Kamile Lazauskaite, Stewart Licursi, Taylor Lindemann, Valentina Lopez, Tina Maciaga, Mitchell Maftean, Rocky Martin, Laura Masters, Joshua McCoy, Abby Mendoza, Rose-Mary Metzger, Lauren Montesano, Sean Mottl, Brandon Muro, Vincent. Olejniczak, Erin Pratl, Megan Pripusich, Joseph Probst, Elvis Ramirez, Emily Salomone, Isabella Sanchez, Kathleen Sandrik, Derek Schapiro, Jamie Schuld, Carl Seibel, Nariman Shehaiber, Madeline Sievers, Haley Sink, Vaughn Smith, Lauren Snee, Daniel Swanberg and Andrew Waterstraat.
J’Webb Nation at Shedd Aquarium
Cost for overnight stay is $75 per person ($65 for Shedd members). Evening-only option (ends at 10 p.m.) is $35 per person, $25 for members.