A fire that destroyed a Worth
The blaze was contained to the kitchen of Michael’s Pancake House, 6753 W. 111th St., but the entire eatery suffered significant smoke damage, Battalion Chief Rocky Carlson said.
“The inside is heavily damaged,” Carlson said.
A neighboring realty office also experienced smoke damage, he said.
The fire department received a call from a passerby at 5:29 p.m., Carlson said. The blaze was extinguished in about 30 minutes, he said. The restaurant was closed at the time of the fire.
The masonry building does not have a sprinkler system or smoke detectors, Carlson said.
A fire fighter cut his hand while fighting the blaze but was treated at the scene.