Sacred Heart Church, 8245 W. 111th St., Palos Hills, is hosting its third annual summer music series for the 2014 season.
Musicians, under the guidance of James Grzadzinski, music director, will present five installments throughout the summer months, and everyone is invited to attend. Those attending may make a free will offering to benefit the Sacred Heart Music Department. For more information, call Grzadzinski at 974-3336, Ext. 245.
The series will be presented on these five dates:
• Sunday, June 8 at 4 p.m. in the Ministry Center Gym. The theme will be Broadway Hits and Popular Favorites and will be featuring musicians Rita Burns, Tom Cameron, Dave Gaidas, and Christine VanLoon.
• Wednesday, June 11 at 7 p.m. in the church and the program will feature an organ recital featuring Grzadzinski.
• Wednesday, July 16 at 7 p.m. in the church and the program will be a voice recital featuring soprano and published author Michelle Gliottoni Rodriguez.
• Sunday, July 20 at 4 p.m. in the church and the theme will be Musical Meditations on the Life of Blessed [soon to be Saint] Pope John Paul II in the Year of His Canonization. The musical program will be featuring the Sacred Heart Cantori and Organ under the direction of Grzadzinski.
• Wednesday, Aug. 6 at 7 p.m. in the Church. There will be music for church and chamber featuring an ensemble of strings, woodwinds, brass, and keyboard. Musicians include Helen Blazie (violin), Stephen Moran (violin/viola), D. Liane Cochran-Stafira (cello), Angelica Nolan (trumpet), Christine Otrembiak (flute), and Josh Rodriguez (saxophone/clarinet).
Holy Week Services Planned at Pilgrim Faith United Church of Christ.
Palm Sunday worship at Pilgrim Faith United Church of Christ, 9411 S. 51st Ave., Oak Lawn, will begin with a children’s palm processional at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. All children should be present by 9:15 a.m.
Pilgrim Faith will observe Maundy Thursday with a Seder supper at 6:30 p.m. April 17. The supper will celebrate God’s deliverance of God’s people from oppression and recall Jesus’ last supper with his disciples.
The Community Good Friday service at noon on April 18 at Pilgrim Faith will include communion and reflections on Peter’s denial of Jesus.
Pilgrim Faith’s Easter worship will be at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, April 20, beginning with children decorating the cross with flowers. Easter breakfast will be eaten at 10:30 a.m. and is open to all.
The church is handicapped accessible. The community is welcome at all services.